Hello and welcome!

Hello and welcome!
I wanted to create a blog dedicated to talking about adaptive technologies and assistive devices for those with PMLD (profound and multiple learning disabilities) and complex physical issues. I have been in the field for about 8 years working with children and young adults to help them to develop their independent use of IT and devices such as VOCAs (voice output communication aids) environmental controls, and powered wheelchairs. Through these technologies people with disabilities can realise their potential like never before.

I hope that in time, this blog will generate useful, practical advice and a network of support to those seeking assistance on such issues.

Wednesday 29 June 2011

Quesion and Answer...

I also offer advice on a forum for the website Netbuddy, below is a question and answer from the forum

Question...

Hi Chris, I have a 4 year old daughter (with a condition called Smith Magenis Syndrome) she attends a special school and loves using the touch screen pc's.... we are looking to buy her one for home, could you recommend somewhere I can get one from? It would need to be robust as she isn't the gentlest of children!!
Answer...

Hi Emma
Great to hear from you. Inclusive Technology has a great range of touch monitors and “all-in-one” devices such as the Inclusive One Touch. The One Touch is a very robust computer built for schools. It can be fixed to a desk and all the cables are hidden away at the back. The monitor is very hard wearing and can be easily wiped clean when necessary. I use Inclusive Technology a lot and have always been very happy with their products. If you already have a computer, the ELO touch monitor may be your best (and cheaper) option. I use the 15inch monitors and find these very good. There will be other touch monitors and devices on the market but the ones I have pointed out are built to be tough and to withstand a bit or rough play. I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment